Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad ios double tap to skip forward 10 seconds not working

Has anyone noticed recently that in iPad iOS during safari video playback you can no longer use the double tap to skip forward 10 seconds similar to YouTube?

have they taken it away? Or is it a bug

i not hate how awful and clumsy the skip is being done in ios13.1.2

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 3:11 AM

On YouTube, it doesn't take me 10 seconds to go back and forth. I reinstalled the application, it worked for a few hours and then the same problem appeared. What can I do? I should mention that I have the option enabled from Setup on YouTube, but it still doesn't work ... I also made a restart and so it is ...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2019 3:11 AM in response to stevethetrixter

On YouTube, it doesn't take me 10 seconds to go back and forth. I reinstalled the application, it worked for a few hours and then the same problem appeared. What can I do? I should mention that I have the option enabled from Setup on YouTube, but it still doesn't work ... I also made a restart and so it is ...

Oct 17, 2019 9:26 AM in response to QuickPost

zmclearan that’s not true. You could double tap any video in safari and it would skip 10 seconds. This feature started in iOS 12. Not with iOS 13 it’s gone. The question is how do we turn it back on, or is it’s elimination intentional to force people to hate using Safari. There must be someone who knows the answer.

ipad ios double tap to skip forward 10 seconds not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.