Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the procedure if my iPhone 11 has a problem while I am in New Zealand?

Hi, I am from New Zealand and I am going on vacation to the United States. I am planning on buying an iPhone while I am there and I was wondering what is the procedure if my phone has a problem while I am in New Zealand? Does the New Zealand Apple fix it? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 4:43 PM

If you have a hardware issue that requires warranty service you either book a flight to the US and make a Genius Bar appointment at any Apple Store (it doesn't have to be the one where you purchased it) or you send it to a friend or family member in the US and have them make a Genius Bar appointment and take it in.

You will need to purchase your iPhone form an Apple Store in order to specify an unlocked model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 4:43 PM in response to user3789

If you have a hardware issue that requires warranty service you either book a flight to the US and make a Genius Bar appointment at any Apple Store (it doesn't have to be the one where you purchased it) or you send it to a friend or family member in the US and have them make a Genius Bar appointment and take it in.

You will need to purchase your iPhone form an Apple Store in order to specify an unlocked model.

What is the procedure if my iPhone 11 has a problem while I am in New Zealand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.