Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to App store and web pages not loading

Since turning off my computer while travelling and then re-starting, my MacBook Pro has developed some issues.

1. Mail will work and then disconnect. I'm currently unable to send email. Usernames and passwords are not being verified.
  2. Safari often will not load a webpage. Firefox will.
  3. It can't connect to the App store.

There seems to be no logical reason why this is happening.

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 7, 2019 9:48 AM in response to Ros

Hi Ros,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Mail, Safari and the Mac App Store.

This article can help with your Mail app issue: If you can’t send email on your Mac. You may need to remove and add the account back into the Mail app: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac.

Recently, Safari had an update available. It is possible this is related to the connection issues. You may not have been able to install it if the Mac App Store is not connecting for you either: Update or reinstall Safari for your computer.

For the Mac App Store connection issue, have a look at this article: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.

Another possibility is that these three issues are also related to your Internet connection. Testing on another network can help isolate the issue a bit more.

You can also test the issues in a new user account which would isolate to your user or system-wide: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Have a fantastic day!

Oct 7, 2019 6:20 PM in response to Ros

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is intermittent. I am currently connected to the App store, safari is loading. Mail randomly will get email but not send. I have reset outgoing mail server multiple times. Yesterday, I reinstalled my keychain from TM backup and everything worked beautifully...for a while then reverted back to faulting.

I am using Safai 12.0 and Mojave 10.14. It is not an internet connection issue. Firefox works. On another WIFI network, I had the same problems.

I found this post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250331441?answerId=250670877022#250670877022 which unfortunately I can't reply into now. I am downloading email as POP so I can keep it on my computer. I believe this article relates to using Gmail as IMAP. As I type at this very moment, I heard the whoosh of an email being sent! It was just a test email, no body or content only title. It has taken more than half an hour to send. The exclamation mark appears again beside the Mail inbox folder. In the Mailbox Menu under Online Status, I have the option to "Take Gmail" Offline. In the Mailbox Menu under Get New Mail, Gmail is greyed out indicating that it is offline. In Mail Connection doctor, it says "Could not connect to this POP server. Check network connection and that you have entered correct information in the Account preferences (I have). Verify it supports SSL. If not unselect Use TLS/SSL in server settings of Account Preferences.

I don't want to remove the email account and set it up again because there are 1000s of emails to download. Furthermore, I don't believe this is the issue. I think the problem lies with Mojave. As I finished typing, Mail has come in again....go figure! While that email is coming in, connection doctor still says it can't connect.

I would consider downloading Catalina but am afraid there will be multiple other issues arising out of that which I am not ready to deal with. (printer/scanner, incompatibility with excel etc). New OS has to wait.

Regards,

Ros

Cannot connect to App store and web pages not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.