Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 4 timer

The Timer App that I use all day on my watch stopped working. I deleted it but can’t find the app to reinstall?

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 1:57 PM

The native Timer on the Apple Watch is part of the watchOS, and cannot be deleted from the Watch. Go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, then to App Layout. Check on there to see if you can located the app icon there. It is orange, and is an almost complete circle with the hand pointing to about 11:00.

You can also try resetting the watch to see if it shows back up. Press and hold the Digital Crown and power button together until you see the Apple logo and then release. If that does not do it, I would un-pair the watch, power cycle it and the phone and then pair them again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 1:57 PM in response to MikeFast

The native Timer on the Apple Watch is part of the watchOS, and cannot be deleted from the Watch. Go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, then to App Layout. Check on there to see if you can located the app icon there. It is orange, and is an almost complete circle with the hand pointing to about 11:00.

You can also try resetting the watch to see if it shows back up. Press and hold the Digital Crown and power button together until you see the Apple logo and then release. If that does not do it, I would un-pair the watch, power cycle it and the phone and then pair them again.

Oct 5, 2019 3:47 PM in response to MikeFast

I was unable to find the Timer you are referring to in the App Store, but I did come across this statement, which sounds like a good replacement:

MultiTimer is a simple, free app that allows you to set multiple timers on the Apple WatchYou must create the timers on the iPhone, but once created, you can start and stop them entirely using your Apple Watch. ... You can tap and hold oneyou'll be taken to a screen where you can decide the parameters for your timer.

Oct 6, 2019 1:41 PM in response to julieda

Thank you julieda for your advice. However, looking at the Apple website and apple watches, they come with the simple but effective "Timer" which is built in.

I have just spent 1 1/2 hrs with apple helpers to try and find out how to find and reinstall this Timer.

I got to the most senior supervisor and even he could not find where the app. is! He said he would call be back in an hour so I'm waiting. All very strange.

Apple Watch series 4 timer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.