Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot recognise international numbers

Hi, I've had my phone for years. Just a short while ago it looks like it no longer recognises or allows calls to Australia. The reason provided is that it no longer recognises the numbers so it doesn't sound like there is an issue with my plan. Any idea what might cause this and how to resolve it?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 8:24 AM

Please check two settings.

Turn on Dial Assist for international calls: (GSM) When Dial Assist is turned on, iPhone automatically adds the correct international or local prefix when you call your contacts and favorites. For information about making international calls (including rates and other charges that may apply), contact your carrier.

Watch the GIF below.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 8:24 AM in response to Somebloke164

Please check two settings.

Turn on Dial Assist for international calls: (GSM) When Dial Assist is turned on, iPhone automatically adds the correct international or local prefix when you call your contacts and favorites. For information about making international calls (including rates and other charges that may apply), contact your carrier.

Watch the GIF below.

Cannot recognise international numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.