Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on Apple Watch is creating reminders in the wrong list

When I ask Siri to create a reminder on my Apple Watch, Siri is creates the reminder in my "Groceries" list and not my "Reminders" list which is the default list I have selected on my iPhone. When I ask Siri to create a reminder on my iPhone, Siri creates the reminder correctly in my "Reminders" default list. I cannot find any way to change this preference on my Apple Watch. I have an Apple Watch Series 4 running watchOS 6.0.1 and an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.1.2.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 5:56 PM

I think I may have discovered a resolution to this issue.

I deleted the "Groceries" list from the Reminders app on my iPhone and noticed Siri on my Apple Watch began adding reminders to the next list I had in the Reminders app on my iPhone which is my "Yearly" list. When I changed the order of the lists in the Reminders app on my iPhone so the "Reminders" list was at the top (see attached screenshot), Siri on my Apple Watch began adding reminders to the "Reminders" list which is what I wanted.

I'm not sure why Apple Watch uses the first list in the order of lists as its default list, whether you're using the Reminders app or Siri on the Apple Watch to create a new reminder. It should be using the default list setting in Settings → Reminders → Default List on the iPhone. Hopefully this is just a bug. If not, this is a terrible design choice.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 5:56 PM in response to dbird03

I think I may have discovered a resolution to this issue.

I deleted the "Groceries" list from the Reminders app on my iPhone and noticed Siri on my Apple Watch began adding reminders to the next list I had in the Reminders app on my iPhone which is my "Yearly" list. When I changed the order of the lists in the Reminders app on my iPhone so the "Reminders" list was at the top (see attached screenshot), Siri on my Apple Watch began adding reminders to the "Reminders" list which is what I wanted.

I'm not sure why Apple Watch uses the first list in the order of lists as its default list, whether you're using the Reminders app or Siri on the Apple Watch to create a new reminder. It should be using the default list setting in Settings → Reminders → Default List on the iPhone. Hopefully this is just a bug. If not, this is a terrible design choice.

Siri on Apple Watch is creating reminders in the wrong list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.