Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music and ipad OS

My Apple Music playlists have stopped loading since I updated to iPad OS. They work just fine on my iPhone with IOS 13. If I force quit the app then try to reload it will partially download then freeze. This happens three out of five times. I know I am not the only one with this problem. Should I stay patient and wait for an update.? This is wearing on my patience. I have also tried reinstalling- no good.

I own an iPad Mini 4, just 2 yrs old.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 11:27 AM

I also tried calling Apple Support, they suggested “reset all settings”. That did not work either. Something seems to just be off with iPad OS and the music app. I am going to the Genius Bar to have my iPad restored, as new.

5 replies

Oct 7, 2019 11:45 PM in response to Vancouver22

My playlists began to load, but then stopped and then froze again. I am going to the Apple Store to see if then can restore my iPad to get Apple Music to respond. The new iPad OS just doesn’t seem to be functioning correctly with Apple Music. Is there any way I can get a partial refund for the week that I have not been able to use Apple Music?

Oct 10, 2019 8:07 AM in response to Nancy RB

Several of us are having a similar problem with playlists on the iPad. If I scroll down to view another playlist, they all show up blank, and all the music in playlists disappear until I restart the app. In fact, everything seems to disappear, and then the app freezes.

A workaround until Apple fixes this bug is only to use playlists that are visible, or use the sort function (top right of screen) and sort a different way and it usually works. Curious if they find a solution at the Apple Store. Tech support had me restore my iPad. That was a wasted afternoon with no results.

apple music and ipad OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.