Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are uninstalled apps using using mobile data?

It is certainly NOT because I have uninstalled apps after I reset statistics.

I have reset statistics THIS MORNING and I did NOT uninstall any apps after that, and it still shows "uninstalled apps" have used data

In fact, the "uninstalled apps" have used data just in the past 1 hour. How is that possible? Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:14 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious! Why people continue to comment when they have absolutely nothing to add or to help is beyond me.

Obviously it comes down to one of two things, uninstalled apps not cleaning up or bad reporting on Apple's part re: usage.

I've replicated issue with clean base install and not installing or removing any apps. And guess what, still shows uninstalled apps using cellular data.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 7:14 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks Captain Obvious! Why people continue to comment when they have absolutely nothing to add or to help is beyond me.

Obviously it comes down to one of two things, uninstalled apps not cleaning up or bad reporting on Apple's part re: usage.

I've replicated issue with clean base install and not installing or removing any apps. And guess what, still shows uninstalled apps using cellular data.

Dec 4, 2019 7:59 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

This is false information. I decided to test it. So I reset my Cellular Data statistics on Monday Dec 2nd, and have been monitoring it. Despite having not deleted or uninstalled a single app since the beginning of November uninstalled Apps continue to use data every day. It started out as only 400kb the first day, but just today alone they have use 1.8mb. At this rate it will indeed use gbs before the month is up.

Nov 13, 2019 5:37 PM in response to sunshine292

Familiar with the HomeKit thread. The excessive data use stopped after I turned HomeKit off on all my family account devices, left for a couple days until they fell off as options in HomeKit devices and bridges, and re-added them. This was shortly before 13.2.2 and seemed to work.

By work, I mean that Apple still attributes traffic to Uninstalled Apps, won’t come clean, and won’t tell what is adding traffic there. It’s not uninstalled apps obviously, I’ve done a tonne of troubleshooting.

Also strange that in restoring my config, the Apple rep who I had on phone at same time accused me of trying to pull something over on them. Yah right, makes sense, that’s why I had Apple pull the diagnostic logs remotely. Another thing that left a sour taste was their support folks inconsistency in acknowledging the problem, or reading back my case log to me so I could ensure it was accurate and not lost in translation.

Would rate the support I received from Apple as less than helpful. It’s too bad. Their last official answer to me was that they don’t know what caused it, they don’t have a fix, but they want me to redo all my troubleshooting steps in case something was missed because it was obvious I was lying to them.

Great way to lose your advocates.

So hopefully my solution may work for others.

Nov 13, 2019 9:54 PM in response to darcy

Familiar with the HomeKit thread. The excessive data use stopped after I turned HomeKit off on all my family account devices, left for a couple days until they fell off as options in HomeKit devices and bridges, and re-added them. This was shortly before 13.2.2 and seemed to work.

Sounds interesting. Can you please explain that more detailed? Did you drop their access via the HomeKit settings and what do you mean with "options in HomeKit devices and bridges"? I don't get what you mean here or where to see that.

Why are uninstalled apps using using mobile data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.