Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi calling stopped working after upgrade to iOS 13

I upgraded to the new iOS 13 last night and now my WiFi calling isn’t working. I’ve tried all the help suggestions I can find from existing support documentation including: restarting the phone, toggling airplane mode, toggling WiFi calling, toggling cellular data (Verizon), restarting my WiFi router. Nothing has worked, and I don’t have a laptop to restore an old version of iOS.

There is nothing about this issue on the Verizon or Apple websites.

This is a major issue for me as I’m a 15 minute drive from a LTE signal. Someone please help!

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:50 AM

The problem is not iOS 13 specifically; Wi-Fi calling still works on our 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

One last thing to try: Go to a place with LTE coverage, turn off Wi-Fi calling, then turn it on again. It might prompt you to approve or to enter an default physical address. Then use it while you still have LTE and see of it works using a nearby Wi-Fi hotspot.

If that doesn't fix it you need to contact Verizon, as they control how Wi-Fi calling works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Rob2438

The problem is not iOS 13 specifically; Wi-Fi calling still works on our 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

One last thing to try: Go to a place with LTE coverage, turn off Wi-Fi calling, then turn it on again. It might prompt you to approve or to enter an default physical address. Then use it while you still have LTE and see of it works using a nearby Wi-Fi hotspot.

If that doesn't fix it you need to contact Verizon, as they control how Wi-Fi calling works.

Wifi calling stopped working after upgrade to iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.