Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi calling stopped working on iPhone 7 after iOS upgrade to 12.3.1

My wife’s iPhone 8 with iOS 12.3.1 would not make a WiFi call, but my iPhone 7 with iOS 12.2 would. After my 7 upgraded to iOS 12.3.1, WiFi calling stopped working on it. When dialing in airplane mode and WiFi on, I get the message “No Network Connection - Connect to a WiFi network or disable airplane mode to place a call” even though this worked before the upgrade. I have restarted the phone, reset network connections, turned airplane mode on and off, etc.

Before, the word WiFi showed to the left of the triangular WiFi symbol in the upper left corner of the phone.

Internet WiFi is working fine. The iPhone 8 is doing the exact same thing.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2019 10:08 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2019 10:38 PM in response to werxcv01

I have a passion and hobby to go through complete literature and review of all iOS releases and needless to say I haven't missed iOS 12.1.3, 12.1.4 12.2, 12.3 & 12.3.1 assessment published on various news media and on Apple web page including leading news magazines (Forbes & Fortune Magazines).

The major takeaways from this iOS 12.3 update is Apple TV, Kids TV, The app is available on Samsung TVs, tvOS has been updated, AirPlay 2, Apple TV app,

And iOS 12.3.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone and iPad. This update:

• Fixes an issue that could prevent making or receiving VoLTE calls
  • Fixes issues in Messages that could cause messages from unknown senders to appear in your conversation list even though Filter Unknown Senders is enabled
  • Fixes an issue that could prevent the Report Junk link from appearing in Messages threads from unknown senders

No where I could find any link on the problem of "WiFi Calling" faced by you. Introspect and have a complete and thorough check on the way you handle settings on your iPhone.

Read often for a peaceful life.

Solution. To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need an iPhone 5c or later on a supported carrier. Contact the Carrier

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203032

WiFi calling stopped working on iPhone 7 after iOS upgrade to 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.