Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Line on iPad Pro 3rd Gen

Since I got my 12.9 inch iPad Pro 3rd gen at the beginning of this year I've had a very thin black line show up on the right side of the screen. It used to only appear for a few seconds to a few minutes at first and I was quite silly and put off taking it to the apple store but nowadays it can appear for hours to even days without disappearing. I use my iPad for streaming and drawing and I have never dropped it in the months I've had it so I'm unsure why it is there other than it being a manufacturer fault. My nearest apple store is over an hour away and my parents' work schedules are very busy so it is difficult to take it in, besides I'm unsure they would accept photo proof of my issue. Would it be worthwhile making the long travel to see if I could get it replaced/fixed with just photographic proof? Here is a photo of the issue.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to Apple. The line should not be there.

1 reply

Black Line on iPad Pro 3rd Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.