Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead line on Ipad 6 gen screen

I have an ipad 6th gen bought in 2017/2018ish. Unfortunately a couple years ago I had to get the screen replaced due to a crack (it was out of warranty so I didn't get it replaced by Apple). In december I started using it more for drawing with procreate, and noticed that sometimes there were dead spots. Now, that has developed into a consistent 'line' about 1 cm w & h across the screen that will not respond to anything being drawn on it with the apple pencil.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I've tried everything except restore to factory/bringing it in somewhere. I suspect I'll probably have to bring it in to get looked at... will Apple care that my screen was replaced by a third party?

Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 11:02 PM

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 11:02 PM in response to wickawoo

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Oct 6, 2022 2:47 AM in response to wickawoo

Having had your iPad repaired by a third-party repair shop, presumed not to be an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), Apple will decline to offer further service for your iPad.

Initial system diagnostics will immediately detect a non-OEM component (the screen) - and will immediately disqualify hardware or service support by Apple or an AASP.

As such, you effectively have three options:

1) live with the fault

2) return to the third-party repairer

3) replace the iPad - noting that your current iPad is also not eligible for trade-in with Apple

Dead line on Ipad 6 gen screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.