Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incomplete Album Download

I’ve downloaded a full album from the iTunes Store via PC, and all songs are successfully downloaded there. When I attempted to sync the entire album to my iPhone (which has been restarted, updated to 13.1.2, checked for available space) there are songs that give me the error message of [Cannot Open: Content Unauthorized] so how would I go about fixing that?

Pictures added as proof AND a shameless plug.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 7:17 AM

What I truly don’t understand is how I didn’t think to delete and redownload the affected soundtracks sooner! I guess I wanted to wait and reconnect to my computer. That worked effortlessly, and I thank you for your response!

3 replies

Oct 9, 2019 5:51 AM in response to Hunter_Warrior

Hello Hunter_Warrior,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue playing some songs on your iPhone and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Great job with the troubleshooting steps you've done so far!

Have you also deleted one of the songs from your iPhone, which give that error and then redownload again from your purchases? If not, give that a try. Here's how to redownload from purchases on your iPhone, if you need the steps:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

If you're still not able to play those songs, sign out and sign back in with your Apple ID. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap on your Apple ID and select Sign Out.

Keep in mind, if you have any downloaded music for offline listening, you'll need to redownload again after signing back in.

Hopefully these steps will get you listening to those songs on your iPhone.

Cheers!

Incomplete Album Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.