Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App showing inaccurate data

My Health app is giving me screwed-up reports. I walked 8.5 miles yesterday, but today it says that I only did 4.4. I think that it may be averaging my phone’s data with my wife’s phone. Have others had a problem like this or know how to fix it?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 11:41 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2019 6:19 AM in response to winnetkadave

Hello winnetkadave,

Thanks for the post! It sounds like you might have a concern about the accuracy of data in the Health app.

To clarify, are you using a paired Apple Watch to track your activity? If so, this resource is your best starting point: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Are you using iCloud to sync Health data? If so, are you using the same Apple ID on your wife's phone?

Your device should be reporting complete workout information rather than an average. If you open the Health app and tap Browse > Activity > Workouts > Show All Data, what do you see for the most recent workouts there?

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Oct 9, 2019 8:59 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks for the suggestions. I don’t have and apple watch. The way my phone is showing data is wacky with the graphs being wrong but the individual data showing that the correct steps and distance are being recorded. I was on the phone with Apple support for a while yesterday, and they couldn’t figure it out, but they are going to get back to me by the end of the week. They even suggested that the app might need a bug fix. We’ll see.

Health App showing inaccurate data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.