Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app is miscalculating steps

Hi!

The Health app on my phone is definitely miscalculating the steps it’s recording. This past weekend my parents came to visit and we were walking around the same exact distance, theirs both recorded around 10.1 miles and mine was 8.2. I also sometimes pre calculate distances using Apple Maps and it’ll tell me it’s 1.1 miles to a certain location and when I check my Health app, it will have only recorded 0.7 miles or so. I feel like I’m being severely undercounted for some reason.

I’ve updated to the latest iOS. My location services is on, as is Motion and Fitness. I’ve restarted my phone. I don’t know if there’s a way to calibrate the Health app. Has anyone noticed anything similar that they’ve resolved?

Thanks in advance! :)

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 5:42 PM

Hey there aria14,

It appears that you are having some issues with the Health app on your iPhone. We would love to provide guidance to you in regards to resolving this issue.

Thank you for completing the previous troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out for assistance. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps that we would like to have you try to resolve this issue:

If issue still persists after completing troubleshooting, you may want to consider backing up your iPhone and reinstalling the iOS software:

Hope these steps help you out.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 5:42 PM in response to aria14

Hey there aria14,

It appears that you are having some issues with the Health app on your iPhone. We would love to provide guidance to you in regards to resolving this issue.

Thank you for completing the previous troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out for assistance. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps that we would like to have you try to resolve this issue:

If issue still persists after completing troubleshooting, you may want to consider backing up your iPhone and reinstalling the iOS software:

Hope these steps help you out.

Take care!

Health app is miscalculating steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.