Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes going away? what about my dvd movies

I had a ton of DVD movies that I converted to mp4's and loaded into iTunes. I have an Apple TV 4 and, although I have a MacBook Pro, I have stored all my movies on a NAS device (Drobo) via my Windoze 7 PC. I have pointed iTunes to the appropriate directory and everything works great.

With Catalina coming out, I read (again) about iTunes going away.

So what do I do about all those MP4's I have? Is there a better way to have my Apple TV see them ? Right now, I instruct iTunes to share them and use the "computer" on the iTunes app.

Jerry

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 4:19 PM

The rumours of the death of iTunes have been somewhat exaggerated. iTunes is staying exactly the same except for those who install the new version of macOS 10.15 Catalina where the functions are split between three new apps, Books, and Finder, the Mac equivalent to Windows Explorer. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for more information.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 4:19 PM in response to GJN99

The rumours of the death of iTunes have been somewhat exaggerated. iTunes is staying exactly the same except for those who install the new version of macOS 10.15 Catalina where the functions are split between three new apps, Books, and Finder, the Mac equivalent to Windows Explorer. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for more information.

tt2

itunes going away? what about my dvd movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.