Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Movies library location

I recently converted my original iTunes to the new and separate Music and TV apps. I'm very confused as to where the Library Files are stored. I'm trying to create a second library for Movies in the TV app and not sure how to do it. I'd like to have 2 choices for selecting a Library when I open the "Computers" icon on my AppleTV. Is this even possible? I have some files that I'd like to keep out of the main file library, yet still be able to select that library if I choose. I would name one library "Movies" and the other library "Delete All Files" just to throw off unauthorized snoopers. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any input.

iMac

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:24 PM

Take a look at Managing your Mac media libraries - Apple Community for some background, and see Use multiple libraries in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support for advice on creating multiple libraries. If I recall correctly you can have your main library available via Home Sharing which appears under the Computers icon on Apple TV, even when TV isn't running. You can option-start-TV to connect to the other library when you wish. Offhand cannot recall if that is going to show up on Apple TV or not, but I don't think it will. You may be able to update which library is shared from the sharing panel in preferences. You cannot have one computer serve up two different libraries at the same time.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 12:24 PM in response to Peter Mars

Take a look at Managing your Mac media libraries - Apple Community for some background, and see Use multiple libraries in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support for advice on creating multiple libraries. If I recall correctly you can have your main library available via Home Sharing which appears under the Computers icon on Apple TV, even when TV isn't running. You can option-start-TV to connect to the other library when you wish. Offhand cannot recall if that is going to show up on Apple TV or not, but I don't think it will. You may be able to update which library is shared from the sharing panel in preferences. You cannot have one computer serve up two different libraries at the same time.

tt2

iTunes Movies library location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.