Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korg nanoKontrol2 and Logic Pro 10.4.7

Hello, all. I opened a thread a few months ago (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250420998?page=1) about the issues with the Korg nanoKontrol2 and Logic Pro 10.4.5 (and later, 10.4.6). With the release of 10.4.7, I can confirm that this version has exactly the same issue in exactly the same way as the previous version.

I’d be interested in hearing from anyone with a different experience. Alternately, I’d like to hear from anyone using a similar control surface to know one that works well in the current version of Logic.

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:13 AM

Hi,

I have a workaround for this. The Korg nanoKontrol2 can be set to run in Mackie Control mode instead of its native mode. Setting it to Mackie Control mode will allow you to configure it in Logic Pro X as a Mackie Control device, which will provide all of the same functions as in its native mode.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. If you installed the Korg Logic plugin, then delete the nanoKONTROL2.bundle under /Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins/nanoKONTROL2.bundle
  2. Unplug the nanoKontrol2 from the USB cable.
  3. Hold down Set, both Markers and the Rew buttons at the same time and plug back in the USB cable (this is taken from the Korg nanoKontrol2 manual). This sets the nanoKontrol2 to Mackie Control mode.
  4. Open Logic and go to Control Surfaces > Setup.
  5. Click New > Install and browse to Mackie Designs > Mackie Control > Logic Control and select that.
  6. Once its been added, set the Output Port to nanoKontrol2 CTRL and the Input Port to nanoKontrol2 Slider/Know.
  7. Close the control surface setup window. You are now ready to start using the nanoKontrol2 again in Logic Pro X (10.4.8)!

Enjoy,

Chris

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 10:13 AM in response to Dylan Winslow

Hi,

I have a workaround for this. The Korg nanoKontrol2 can be set to run in Mackie Control mode instead of its native mode. Setting it to Mackie Control mode will allow you to configure it in Logic Pro X as a Mackie Control device, which will provide all of the same functions as in its native mode.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. If you installed the Korg Logic plugin, then delete the nanoKONTROL2.bundle under /Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins/nanoKONTROL2.bundle
  2. Unplug the nanoKontrol2 from the USB cable.
  3. Hold down Set, both Markers and the Rew buttons at the same time and plug back in the USB cable (this is taken from the Korg nanoKontrol2 manual). This sets the nanoKontrol2 to Mackie Control mode.
  4. Open Logic and go to Control Surfaces > Setup.
  5. Click New > Install and browse to Mackie Designs > Mackie Control > Logic Control and select that.
  6. Once its been added, set the Output Port to nanoKontrol2 CTRL and the Input Port to nanoKontrol2 Slider/Know.
  7. Close the control surface setup window. You are now ready to start using the nanoKontrol2 again in Logic Pro X (10.4.8)!

Enjoy,

Chris

Nov 20, 2019 2:42 PM in response to Dylan Winslow

For what it’s worth, I just got this from Apple support today:

Hello Dylan, 

I wanted to reach out and let you know that I received an update on the issue you have been having with your KORG MIDI controller. Our engineering team was able to work with KORG to find that there was an issue within their software causing the problem. KORG has communicated that they are working on an update on their end to address it. Please keep an eye out for the update to their software and that should correct the problem you have been having so you no longer will need to delete the .plist file. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

So we’ll see. It was working fine without any Korg software before the 10.4.5 update. In my experience, Korg’s drivers caused more problems than they solved, but I’ll try to keep an open mind.

Korg nanoKontrol2 and Logic Pro 10.4.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.