Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I listen to audiobooks not purchased on the Apple book store?

If I update to Catalina, what happens to my audiobooks I haven't purchased from Apple (for example, ripped from purchased CDs, public domain MP3s, etc?) Do they show up in the books app?

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:43 AM

Yes. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. If you're adding new audiobooks you might might want to add them to Music first which allows you to edit the metadata for each track, then add them to Books once you're happy the details are filled in correctly. At this time Books on Catalina seems somewhat limited in this respect.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Tidgwell

Yes. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. If you're adding new audiobooks you might might want to add them to Music first which allows you to edit the metadata for each track, then add them to Books once you're happy the details are filled in correctly. At this time Books on Catalina seems somewhat limited in this respect.

tt2

How do I listen to audiobooks not purchased on the Apple book store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.