Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Mail not syncing with Mac

Today I installed iOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone. Now Mail doesn't sync with Mail on my Mac (OS 10.14.6).

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:00 PM

11 replies

Oct 9, 2019 4:06 PM in response to gswank2

Hi gswank2,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. If you swipe down on your Inbox to refresh Mail on your iPhone do the changes you've made in Mail on your Mac process?

I'd also suggest trying these steps:

Take some time to test for the behavior and let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Dec 3, 2019 8:59 AM in response to gswank2

I am having a very similar issue...except when I delete from my iPhone it does delete to my Mac mail....but when I delete from my Mac mail nothing is deleted from my iPhone. It's like the iPhone overrides, so I will spend time organizing all of my mail on my Mac and none of it maps over to my iPhone. I use Gmail and I have seen similar threads on their forum that this is happening to their users. Any fix?

Oct 9, 2019 2:07 PM in response to gswank2

Hi gswank2,

I understand that since updating to iOS 13.1.2 on your iPhone it appears that your email account is no longer syncing between your Mac and iPhone. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. First, I'd recommend checking out the information in this resource: iCloud, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Some of my emails/updates don't seem to be pushed to my device

Then, take a look at Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data, and verify that these options are set to your preference.

If you continue to have trouble with mail accounts syncing across your devices, please provide the following details:

What kind of email account are you using (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo!, etc)?

What sort of issues are you seeing with syncing; is it delayed or not happening at all?

Do you notice if this affects more than one account?

Do you notice if this only affects certain folders?

Best Regards.

Oct 9, 2019 2:31 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestions, but they don't get at the problem.

Prior to the upgrade my phone would sync my Mail account within a minute or two of opening the app. Now synching happens over many hours, perhaps overnight. The article you suggested says that it should happen when the app is opened, but it doesn't.

For clarity, mail is coming in OK. It's just the emails that have been processed on my computer (read, moved to another folder, deleted, whatever) remain as new mail on my phone.

I use Mail and iCloud. Nothing else.

iPhone Mail not syncing with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.