Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

mail not syncing between ipad and iphone or macbook

Two days ago anything I have done in iPad mail app has stopped syncing across to either iPhone or MacBook. For example, emails sent from ipad don’t update to other devices. Same with any emails read, deleted or moved. I haven’t changed any setting. I have re-booted all devices, closed and re-opened mail app, all to no avail. I have been unable to find a solution that works. All devices are updated. Can anyone assist please?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Hello mikefromevesham,

If emails are not syncing as expected with only your iPad but they do sync without issue on other devices, these steps from If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can help resolve what's happening:

Remove your email account and set it up again
1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device.
2. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
4. Tap Delete Account.
5. Add your account again.
If these steps don't work, contact your email service provider for more information.

If this continues after removing and re-adding your account on your iPad, then look over the 'Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings' section next to ensure the Mail app on your iPad is set up similarly to your other devices.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 10:08 AM in response to mikefromevesham

Hello mikefromevesham,

If emails are not syncing as expected with only your iPad but they do sync without issue on other devices, these steps from If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can help resolve what's happening:

Remove your email account and set it up again
1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device.
2. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
4. Tap Delete Account.
5. Add your account again.
If these steps don't work, contact your email service provider for more information.

If this continues after removing and re-adding your account on your iPad, then look over the 'Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings' section next to ensure the Mail app on your iPad is set up similarly to your other devices.

Cheers!

Aug 4, 2023 7:40 AM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi Ben_Z1

Many thanks for your reply. Apologies for not responding sooner.

Just to confirm, I followed your suggested solution. I deleted the iPad email account and re-added. This seemed to mess up the account on my iPhone. I repeated the action on both devices several times. This took some time and much frustration but eventually normal service was resumed.

Thanks again.

mail not syncing between ipad and iphone or macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.