Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the latest update (iPad OS 13) Safari is closing all my tabs

I've updated my iPad Pro 9.7-inch to the latest version of iPad OS 13 and since then I've been facing a weird problem: I'm use to have few tabs open in Safari, websites I browse everyday such as newspapers but also things I want to read later on, but now when I open Safari all my tabs are gone.

I've already checked the settings and the Close Tabs setting is set to manually.

So why is this happening? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 1:47 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2019 3:26 PM in response to ninabit

Hey ninabit,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I hear that your tabs are closing automatically on Safari using your iPad Pro even though you have close manually selected. I'd be happy to help out.

I'd suggest backing up your iPhone and restoring as new to test these settings:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Cheers!

Oct 10, 2019 4:22 AM in response to Teddy_B

First of all thank you Jameson for your reply.

It's weird because all the private tabs were just restored, without me doing anything. I'm aware I sound nuts but it's true.

I'll try the steps you suggested but I feel this problem has something to do with the new update of the iPad OS, as before the update it never happened to me.

I'll update this thread to let you know if the problem is fixed.

Thank you again and take care!

With the latest update (iPad OS 13) Safari is closing all my tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.