Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Install error: "An Error Occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again"

Hi, I would appreciate some help to resolve this issue installing Catalina on a iMac (Late 2015, 3Tb fusion, macOS Mojave 10.14.6)

I downloaded Catalina from the app store, it begins the installation process, but get the following error when it is about to restart

"An Error Occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again".

Tried restarting a number of times, also checked the date in terminal (picked up from another post), same issue. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 3:04 AM

I had the exact same problem, which I have never seen before with previous macOS upgrades. Tried and tried again, after reboot etc., but always got the same error message. I deleted the download in the Applications folder and downloaded it again and installation ran without the error message or any other problems. Hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 3:04 AM in response to TonySSa

I had the exact same problem, which I have never seen before with previous macOS upgrades. Tried and tried again, after reboot etc., but always got the same error message. I deleted the download in the Applications folder and downloaded it again and installation ran without the error message or any other problems. Hope this helps.

Catalina Install error: "An Error Occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.