Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not Install mac os catalina ( error in message)

Morning

been trying to install Catalina, but I get this error message every time.

I have installed in on my mac mini, but when I try on the Mackbook pro I get that error message

Regards

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 8:35 AM

Hi Ivan_Teixeira,

I would give this try. Open a search window in the Finder by holding down command space bar on your keyboard. Type Terminal and double click it to open it.

Try the following two commands in the Terminal app:

• sudo softwareupdate -l -all --force --reset-ignored
  • softwareupdate --reset-ignored

-- credit: Tesserax

I hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 8:35 AM in response to Ivan_Teixeira

Hi Ivan_Teixeira,

I would give this try. Open a search window in the Finder by holding down command space bar on your keyboard. Type Terminal and double click it to open it.

Try the following two commands in the Terminal app:

• sudo softwareupdate -l -all --force --reset-ignored
  • softwareupdate --reset-ignored

-- credit: Tesserax

I hope this helps.

Nov 7, 2019 2:27 PM in response to Soren Pearson

I dont think apple wants me to have catalina

I finally managed to get the previous error fixed, it started downloading, but instead of the normal download window, as it did on my mac mini, saying it was donwloading 8gb. It just made a quick donwload at the app store, after that the icon went from get, to Open and i now am stuck on the above screen. it says click continue, I click and nothing happens. It did no download the update and went striaght to instalation window....

Can not Install mac os catalina ( error in message)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.