Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2018 Catalina sidecar problem in connecting to iPad pro 11 through Bluetooth

Hi Guys. I faced a critical and frustrating problem in connecting my iPad pro 11 updated to latest iPad OS to my Macbook pro 2018 Catalina for using Sidecar through bluetooth. I can use iPad as a second display through cable without any problem but when I connect iPad to the Macbook through bluetooth, in Sidecar setting iPad is not appearing as a connected device!!!

I restarted my macbook several times and also I reseted iPad for several times too.

However,.......iPad is not working as a second display through Bluetooth! just works with cable...

anybody has an idea? my brain stopped :(((( :))))) *****))))

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 11:59 AM

Good morning ShahramSadeghi,

Thanks for reaching back out and testing the Bluetooth connection on the Mac. Go ahead and try toggling Handoff off for both devices, and then back on. The steps to do this are below, but if you'd like more information here's a link: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support

Mac: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click General. Uncheck "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices."

iPad: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn off Handoff

Once turned off, go back and turn this feature on for each device. Do this same process for Bluetooth. If you're not sure how to turn Bluetooth off for each device, the steps are below:

Mac: Apple menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth Off

iPad: Settings > Bluetooth

Once Bluetooth is off for both devices, go back and turn these on. After completing these steps, test Sidecar and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 11:59 AM in response to ShahramSadeghi

Good morning ShahramSadeghi,

Thanks for reaching back out and testing the Bluetooth connection on the Mac. Go ahead and try toggling Handoff off for both devices, and then back on. The steps to do this are below, but if you'd like more information here's a link: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support

Mac: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click General. Uncheck "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices."

iPad: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn off Handoff

Once turned off, go back and turn this feature on for each device. Do this same process for Bluetooth. If you're not sure how to turn Bluetooth off for each device, the steps are below:

Mac: Apple menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth Off

iPad: Settings > Bluetooth

Once Bluetooth is off for both devices, go back and turn these on. After completing these steps, test Sidecar and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Have a great day!

Oct 9, 2019 5:00 PM in response to ShahramSadeghi

Hey ShahramSadeghi,

I see that you're having some trouble with Sidecar when you attempt to connect via Bluetooth. I'll be happy to help out.

Be sure that there isn't any potential interference that could be affecting the connection: Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference. If after going through that resource, you're still unable to resolve the issue, try connecting another Bluetooth device to see if it connects. This will help isolate the issue.

Keep us updated. Take care!

Oct 9, 2019 5:31 PM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you for your answer. I checked bluetooth connection for several times. Other Bluetooth gadgets like speaker, handsfree, keyboard can connect easily and seamlessly to both Macbook and iPad. I mean both mac and iPad bluetooth is correct.

also both devices are in one /same w-lan network and the same iCloud account.

tnx and looking forward for your help :)

Macbook pro 2018 Catalina sidecar problem in connecting to iPad pro 11 through Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.