Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Catalina - Wifi not turning ON

I have upgraded to Catalina today. Right after upgrading to Catalina when I started my mac book Wifi isn't turning on. It's behaving abnormally showing Wifi turned off. I have almost tried everything.

Please, help me out.

Attached is the screen shot of the issue that I am facing.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 10:48 AM

I had this exact same problem. I rebooted, still no wifi. The solution was to reset the pram. Restart again and hold down Command + Option + P + R (the keys P and R, doesn't have to be upper case). Make sure you hear the starting chime more than once and don't let go of those keys until you hear it chime. I did 3 or 4 times just to be sure. When it woke up, the wifi was back on.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 10:48 AM in response to unais94

I had this exact same problem. I rebooted, still no wifi. The solution was to reset the pram. Restart again and hold down Command + Option + P + R (the keys P and R, doesn't have to be upper case). Make sure you hear the starting chime more than once and don't let go of those keys until you hear it chime. I did 3 or 4 times just to be sure. When it woke up, the wifi was back on.

Oct 9, 2019 7:06 PM in response to unais94

Hello unais94!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your message that you’re having an issue with the Wi-Fi being turned off since upgrading to macOS Catalina. I’d like to be sure that you’ve covered all the basics. Take a look at the information in this article: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac

Be sure to follow the steps under the section “Turn Wi-Fi on or off.” If you’re unable to turn the Wi-Fi on from the current Wi-Fi network shown in the screenshot you provided, try creating a new one using the information for your current Wi-Fi network you’re trying to connect to. 

If you’re still unable to get the new Wi-Fi network to turn on, Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

Cheers

Mac OS Catalina - Wifi not turning ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.