You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.1.2 can't add to homescreen

since updating to 13.1.2, I cannot see the option to add a website to my home screen. How do I do this?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:25 PM

It is still there (but the option for it might not be in the same place as before

1. Go to the website you want to save
  2. Click on the Share Sheet button - the one that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up - in the toolbar of Safari
  3. Scroll down to "Add to Home Screen." You may need to scroll a bit to find it. If you do not see it, see below
  4. Provide a description if necessary and click ADD in the right corner

I just tried this and confirmed it still works in 13.1.2.

If you do not see "Add to Home Screen" then perhaps it has been removed from your Share Sheet. To re-add it, do steps 1 and 2 above but this time scroll all the way to the bottom and choose "Edit Actions..." From here you can configure much of what shows up on the Share Sheet and you can confirm whether "Add to Home Screen" is there or not and add it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 3:25 PM in response to Trinity0316

It is still there (but the option for it might not be in the same place as before

1. Go to the website you want to save
  2. Click on the Share Sheet button - the one that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up - in the toolbar of Safari
  3. Scroll down to "Add to Home Screen." You may need to scroll a bit to find it. If you do not see it, see below
  4. Provide a description if necessary and click ADD in the right corner

I just tried this and confirmed it still works in 13.1.2.

If you do not see "Add to Home Screen" then perhaps it has been removed from your Share Sheet. To re-add it, do steps 1 and 2 above but this time scroll all the way to the bottom and choose "Edit Actions..." From here you can configure much of what shows up on the Share Sheet and you can confirm whether "Add to Home Screen" is there or not and add it.

13.1.2 can't add to homescreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.