Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 12" Macbook 2017 Stuck On Setup Screen After Installing Catalina OS

I installed Catalina yesterday on my 12" Macbook 2017 and it went in fine. I can see the background and it goes to the login screen. However after logging in it immediately goes to the SETTING UP YOUR MAC screen and is stuck there with the little wheel going round and round and not doing anything else. This has been going on since I installed Catalina. Any ideas what to try to get past this screen? Keys to press? Anything at all? Very frustrating. Thanks for any help.

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 10:47 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2019 9:03 PM in response to JodiClarke71

Jodi I just called our Apple store and the lady told me to first hit the power off button, then unplug my Macbook and then just restart it. When I did that it immediately got past that screen and finished setting up properly. I honestly don't know if that is the fix or if I was just lucky but it worked for me. Hope you have your computer fixed by now. Linda

My 12" Macbook 2017 Stuck On Setup Screen After Installing Catalina OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.