Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download apps purchased by family members with Family Sharing

I have family sharing and purchase sharing set up with my family. However, after updating to MacOS Catalina, in the App Store I cannot see or download any apps purchased by my family members, and they can't see any of mine. We are all logged in to iCloud / App Store, and settings for family sharing and purchase sharing are turned on. Is this a Catalina bug?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:29 AM

I have found the reason / solution on my MacBook. The reason seems to be GATEKEEPER changes in Catalina.

Go to System Preferences -->Security and Privacy --> Click the GENERAL tab. In the allow apps downloaded from choice: pick either App Store or App Store and identified developers.

Unlock setting this with the LOCK in lower left corner.

Best Regards,

Larry

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 8:29 AM in response to BetaCarotene

I have found the reason / solution on my MacBook. The reason seems to be GATEKEEPER changes in Catalina.

Go to System Preferences -->Security and Privacy --> Click the GENERAL tab. In the allow apps downloaded from choice: pick either App Store or App Store and identified developers.

Unlock setting this with the LOCK in lower left corner.

Best Regards,

Larry

Can't download apps purchased by family members with Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.