Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanners stopped working for my business

Scanners stopped working for my business - Bother and Fijitsu are there any updated drivers? is there a apple scanner driver? any recomended business scanners for the new iOS?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 11:29 AM

10 replies

Oct 8, 2019 2:04 PM in response to BASpence

I would un-install and drivers and re-install them. That just makes sense. Go to your mfg's website and see what you need to do so that you don't miss anything.

(it may be that your current drivers will work but only if re-installed. also - your drivers may be for el-capitan, perhaps if they have drivers for sierra or newer but not catalina, the newer driver would work)

Oct 8, 2019 2:42 PM in response to QuietMacFan

Are your current drivers 32-bit Intel?

Hold the Option key and move the mouse to the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.

Choose "System Information" and navigate to Software -> Applications

There should be a column on the far left of the list of Applications which will show if your current drivers are 64-bit or 32-bit.

Catalina will only support 64-bit Applications.

Oct 9, 2019 8:36 AM in response to BASpence

You have found a plan B that worked for you. Depending upon your particular scanner models, you may find that Hamrick Software's 64-bit VueScan may, or may not, drive the devices without the need for vendor driver installation. This may give you longer life from those devices where installed vendor drivers are unnecessary.

Disclaimer: I have owned VueScan Professional since 2012 without any additional software upgrade expenses. I receive no compensation from Hamrick for mentioning VueScan here. VueScan supports over 6000 scanner devices from 42 manufacturers.

Scanners stopped working for my business

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.