Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the iTunes Store wishlist located in the new macOS Catalina TV app?

Before updating to macOS Catalina, I used the iTunes Store wishlist that was accessed through the iTunes app. Now that we have the new Music, TV, and Podcast apps in place of iTunes, I can't find where the wishlist is located..the wishlist for music, tv shows, and movies.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 4:33 PM

I'm baffled myself. The wishlist is important.

Apple got rid of iTunes, fine. Apple replaced it with three separate apps, fine. But the three apps are missing so many super important features that were available in iTunes. It feels like I'm discovering something missing every day. Today I discovered the TV app has no way to show watched/unwatched content. You can mark a show(s) watched or unwatched, but you can't tell which one is which. What? So many issues like this.

I don't understand how the team at apple thought it was better to give us three feature stripped apps rather than one or three feature-rich apps.

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 4:33 PM in response to AdmiralShane

I'm baffled myself. The wishlist is important.

Apple got rid of iTunes, fine. Apple replaced it with three separate apps, fine. But the three apps are missing so many super important features that were available in iTunes. It feels like I'm discovering something missing every day. Today I discovered the TV app has no way to show watched/unwatched content. You can mark a show(s) watched or unwatched, but you can't tell which one is which. What? So many issues like this.

I don't understand how the team at apple thought it was better to give us three feature stripped apps rather than one or three feature-rich apps.

Oct 20, 2019 12:43 PM in response to Kottke

Got it! Lol, I can't believe you found that! You have some good analytical eyes my friend. Yeah, that's way deep, too deep 😀

The wishlist is important. I only buy off my wishlist. I shop, add to wishlist, and one day I buy. Not sure Apple realizes how important that wishlist is. If I were Apple, I would improve the wishlist, not make it harder to find and use.

Oct 17, 2019 2:49 PM in response to Steel Dragon

I was looking for the Wish List under the Tv App assuming it would be there for the Movies and Tv shows I had on my wish list under the deprecated iTunes. So now to view our Tv/Movies wish list on Catalina we have to open the "Music" app? Are you kidding me? Shouldn't each app have it's own wish list? Love Apple but this one is baffling. I used to love iTunes, just hitting Cmd 1, 2, or 3 to toggle between Music, Tv or Movies.

Now we have 3 separate apps, cool, I'm all for Apple making things better. I really like the new apps, especially the TV app as you stream family purchases through it now quite easily.

But....our wishlist which shows Music, Movies, Tv shows and Books is all under the Music app? How stupid. Each app should have it's own wish list of the each specific media type.

Cmon Apple, Catalina is awesome and has been running great and great new features, but this really needs to be fixed.

And what is with the "iTunes" store? iTunes is a depreciated app, yet there is still "iTunes" branding? How about just the TV store and the Music store, etc?

Oct 21, 2019 12:12 AM in response to Steel Dragon

What you previously had in your wishlist is available in the Music app (use the Account drop-down menu and click on Wishlist and it appears exactly as it always did in iTunes). HOWEVER, there appears to be no way to add any new movies or TV shows to the wishlist. That function no longer exists in either app as far as I can tell. You can buy, rent, or add to Up Next, and that is all.

If anybody has found the solution for this, please let me know. Is the Up Next supposed to be replacing the Wishlist?

Oct 30, 2019 5:46 PM in response to Steel Dragon

I'm at a loss as to why apple has taken the ability to add movies and TV shows to the wish list with Catalina. Also with the new apps it's hard to figure out what just got released and even if you go to new and noteworthy there is no way to filter how they are displayed like in the iTunes Store where you could sort by release date, featured, bestsellers, etc. Moving to three different apps to replace iTunes is fine but why strip all the features that were good from iTunes and put out a **** poor watered down version of the movies, TV shows and Music that was available in iTunes. I really hope Apple brings these features over. Thankfully I've only updated my iMac to Catalina. I won't be updating my MacBook anytime soon so I can still have iTunes and the features it provides.

Oct 30, 2019 6:21 PM in response to Treadstone007

Wow post was deleted. I do not like these new apps, they don't seem to be intuitive and they are missing simple features, such as the with list that should have remained. I used the wish list to help me remember which movies to purchase, out of the 3 the Movie App is the worst. I obviously could not update my Mac Pro, which I'm glad I could not, so I have all the functions the new Apps are missing. I hope this gets fixed in future updates. Until then I will continue to purchase movies using my Mac Pro and probably not open the Movie App on the iMac.

Oct 30, 2019 8:52 PM in response to Kottke

KOTTKE, You do not understand the issue, and you have accomplished nothing except prove that the simple, easy-to- manage, Wishlist, is gone. Period. The old way was an easy way to align things up for future scheduling and purchasing within a consolidated application, with one simple click  - it has nothing to do with not being able to "remember."  It has to do with simplicity. Duh. Obviously you are too young, and too full of yourself, to understand the gist of this thread. Take my advice and leave. By the way, I was installing Cisco routers back in the 1980s before you were even born, and I was creating SCSI and installing RAID in the 1990s when you were just learning how to type.. You do not impress me. 

Oct 30, 2019 10:01 PM in response to VegasPaulG

VegasPaulG. Is this communication you think is respectful and helping move the conversation forward? I answered the question about where the wish list was in the OS TV app. That's the question I saw. The other question was about functionality of adding to a wish list. It's called Up Next. It acts the same way.

Consolidation functionality is gone, but that's not related to this thread. Either is your résumé. I understand perfectly. But you sound very angry and I'm feeling like you're not trying to move the conversation forward by attempting to insult me with your previous post.

Nov 19, 2019 8:02 AM in response to cscornette

Not only that but the whole store front is a mess. Before you could simply browse easily but now it's a nightmare. There's no easy way to get to boxed sets unless they happen to be the feature of the day, there's no studio listing anymore and both TV and Movies feel at best half-baked. Using the iphone / iPad works but this isn't the way it ought to be.

Nov 19, 2019 3:18 PM in response to ChrisH-UK

After several weeks, I find it even more frustrating...counter-intuitive layout, confusing changes in terminology, deleted/lost preferences and settings, pretty but inefficient graphics and layout. I've acclimated and updated as needed for Catalina, but the 'new and improved' iTunes still makes me nuts. Really disappointing to have to abandon my Mac and resort to my iPhone to have a user interface that makes any sense.

Where is the iTunes Store wishlist located in the new macOS Catalina TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.