Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dictionary

Hi everyone

After updating macOS to Catalina, I can not see apple dictionary when I use Preview (when I am studying PDF files)! But I can use it in other places like on safari and etc.

I wonder how can I add Apple dictionary to preview?

Kind Regards

Armin

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 7:45 PM

Hi ArminCh,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that while viewing a PDF in Preview you're unable to use the dictionary as a reference. I know this is an important tool to be able to use; I'd like to help. If you're referring to being unable to use the "Look up" feature when you highlight a word, I'd recommend using these steps to start your Mac in safe mode and test for the behavior: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue seems to be resolved in safe mode, restart your Mac normally and test for the behavior again. If the issue persists in safe mode or after restarting, test for the behavior in a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 7:45 PM in response to ArminCh

Hi ArminCh,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that while viewing a PDF in Preview you're unable to use the dictionary as a reference. I know this is an important tool to be able to use; I'd like to help. If you're referring to being unable to use the "Look up" feature when you highlight a word, I'd recommend using these steps to start your Mac in safe mode and test for the behavior: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue seems to be resolved in safe mode, restart your Mac normally and test for the behavior again. If the issue persists in safe mode or after restarting, test for the behavior in a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.