Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Dictionary on MacBook Pro Monterey

Using Monterey 12.5.1 and I just noticed that I have no dictionary - only Wikipedia shows up in the dictionary folder. In an earlier strand I saw that others lost the dictionary when upgrading to Catalina. I don't now how long I haven't had access to the dictionary. Any where I can go to download the original dictionary that comes with MacBook Pro's?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 5:55 AM

Thank you - I think I solved the issue by going to the preferences of the dictionary app. Wikipedia was chosen as the "primary" dictionary as per a check mark in the box. Non of the English dictionaries were selected. Also several foreign language dictionaries were selected. Why would an update change this particular area of the system?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 5:55 AM in response to nudic

Thank you - I think I solved the issue by going to the preferences of the dictionary app. Wikipedia was chosen as the "primary" dictionary as per a check mark in the box. Non of the English dictionaries were selected. Also several foreign language dictionaries were selected. Why would an update change this particular area of the system?

Missing Dictionary on MacBook Pro Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.