📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay- 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

I have a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, and often use carplay to play music, make callsC texts etc when driving.

Before the iOS update last week, I could normally hit the phone or text button on my touchscreen and siri would ask “who do you want to call/send it to?” I’d give a name, then it would call or give me the opportunity to text the person I indicated, depending which option I chose.

since the update, when I push the phone or text button on the screen, it just takes me to a list of contacts. If I want to call my husband for instance, it doesn’t ask me who I want to call, I actually have to select his name on the screen.

this obviously defeats the purpose and doesn’t allow you to call or text hands free, but I don’t see a setting or anything causing this. Anyone know how to fix this, or perhaps there’s an update coming sepcifally for my vehicle to correct this?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 5:45 AM

Greetings, Meganr8611!

Thanks so much for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your CarPlay is not working properly. Check out this article for How to use CarPlay with your iPhone. Specifically:

"Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:

1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
  6. Check your connection:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, enable AirPlane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode. Don't enable Airplane Mode from Control Center.

If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

Have a terrific day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2019 5:45 AM in response to Meganr8611

Greetings, Meganr8611!

Thanks so much for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your CarPlay is not working properly. Check out this article for How to use CarPlay with your iPhone. Specifically:

"Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:

1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
  6. Check your connection:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, enable AirPlane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode. Don't enable Airplane Mode from Control Center.

If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

Have a terrific day!

Carplay- 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.