Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar does not work

For some reason, sidecar is not working at all for me. I'm running iPadOS on my iPad Pro and Catalina on my 2018 MacBook Pro, I signed into the same Apple ID on each device, wifi and bluetooth are enabled on each device, they're connected to the same wifi, and they're literally right next to each other. The sidecar settings panel does not show my iPad as an available display, and the airplay icon is not listing the iPad as a selectable display. I'm so confused: why isn't this working?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 10:35 AM

I eventually found the solution to my problem: I had satisfied all the requirements that you all posted, but I was attempting to get my iPad to mirror my screen on my uni network, which does not support airplay. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 8, 2019 8:28 PM in response to alanjian131

Additional requirements

You must be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both devices. And if using Sidecar wirelessly, these additional requirements apply:

Read here: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Oct 9, 2019 9:14 AM in response to dialabrain

I don't see the Airplay icon on the Mac once mirroring is enabled. It's therefore impossible to toggle between the two modes. I also can't seem to move anything from screen to the other and the cursor doesn't move across either. the scaling of the display is also weird with photoshop starting up too large for the Mac once the screen is sharing. As things stand i see no practical use for Sidecar. Hopefully, someone can help!

Sidecar does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.