Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay icon not showing - can't use sidecar

I'm trying to use sidecar on my MacBook Air 2018 with iPad Pro 4th generation.

I don't see an airplay icon on the menu bar of my MacBook and I've checked displays and the 'show mirroring options in the menu bar when available' is on but I can't turn on airplay display and don't see any icons. I also don't have a sidecar option in my system preferences.

I've connected my MacBook with my iPad by cable and made sure they are both connected to the same wifi and iCloud accounts with their bluetooth on but nothing's happening.

Is there some other way I can turn on airplay or use sidecar?

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:43 AM

Hey there jiyunk,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with using your iPad as a display with Sidecar, and you've done some great troubleshooting steps so far! We'd like to share some resources that can help.

To get started, review this page: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

This resource may also help: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn't working on your device

We hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 6:43 AM in response to jiyunk

Hey there jiyunk,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with using your iPad as a display with Sidecar, and you've done some great troubleshooting steps so far! We'd like to share some resources that can help.

To get started, review this page: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

This resource may also help: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn't working on your device

We hope this helps.

Airplay icon not showing - can't use sidecar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.