Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove coping up message from my MAC: “helpermcp” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.

How to remove coping up message from my MAC: “helpermcp” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 11:51 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2019 6:24 AM in response to vitaliy146

This popup keeps coming up. I have checked the activity monitor (CPU, Disk, Memory, Network) and cannot find the file. I have additionally looked in the "Spotlight Search" window for "helpermcp" and found the following:

1. helpermcp.app in the following directory: {UserName}/Library/Application Support/mcp/helpermcp.app
    1. This was easy to move to trash from "Spotlight Search"
    2. Additionally I went to the Application Support folder and found the map folder and then moved that to trash as well.
  2. helpermcp_959D0350-5397-5E29-AED2-BBB6B50B4120.plist in the following directory: {UserName}/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/
    1. I was not able to move it to the trash bin from "Spotlight Search"
    2. however, I was able to go to my CrashReporter folder and move it to trash from there.

Once I did that, I was able to select click on "move to trash" in the popup and it stopped from occurring again.

I hope that this helps as it worked for me.

:)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.