Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why am i not able to approve from my apple watch for unlocking notes and seeing passwords?

im not able to approve from my Apple Watch for seeing my password and unlocking. I'm using WatchOS 6 and macOS Catalina.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 2:03 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2019 12:17 PM in response to tamil1106

Hey tamil1106,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not able to use your Apple Watch features as expected. I definitely want to make sure you're able to get the most from your Apple Watch, and being able to approve tasks from it is definitely a great feature!

To start, I recommend taking a look at the resource below. This goes over how to set it up so you can use your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac, and approve tasks from it.

Unlock your Mac and approve tasks with Apple Watch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Oct 16, 2019 7:39 PM in response to tamil1106

It's extremely annoying when I get a screen alert asking to verify with my Apple Watch, but I'm unable to do so. The option in the link provided by Alex_h1 is not helpful at all, as my watch is not available from system preferences. It really shouldn't be this difficult!

This, along with all the other issues with HomeKit and Siri is making me reconsider the huge investments I've made with apple.

It may be time for a different option to my spending.

why am i not able to approve from my apple watch for unlocking notes and seeing passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.