Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just uploaded to Catalina. Cannot get rid of pop up "WSDaemon" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it

I just installed Catalina. Now, I get the "WSDaemon" can't be opened because Apple cannot check if for malicious software. This software needs to be updated.Contact the developer for more information.

it will not go away. Two selections ..Show in Finder and OK. How can I kill this!

MacBook

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 8:54 AM

Try my suggestion in Safe Mode...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Or John Galt's suggestion. :)

15 replies

Oct 20, 2019 9:35 PM in response to ZekeinPA

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/how-do-i-stop-webroot-wsdaemon-taking-80-100-cpu-on-my-mac-237314 This link shows how to uninstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere software, which is anti-virus software that you don't really need on your Mac, and as you can see, is conflicting with your operating system.

Here are the instructions:

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon (green W) in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the dock.

4. Open the Applications directory.

5. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

6. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

7. Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. There is no need to restart your computer.

Oct 30, 2019 11:46 AM in response to ZekeinPA

I FIGURED IT OUT!! Me! I dragged the Webroot software into the trash and EMPTIED the trash. (Important) I then installed the “find any file” app from the Apple store ($7.99) Use FaF to search for WSDaemon (mine found three files) select all of them, right -click and select “delete immediately”. I’m so proud of myself! I’m a 60 year old grandma!

just uploaded to Catalina. Cannot get rid of pop up "WSDaemon" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.