Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store search bar is missing on mac

I updated to Catalina and now when I am in the iTunes store on my mac (not my phone or iPad), there is no search bar. How do I get it back or how do I search for songs I want to purchase?

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 9:53 AM

Frenchman, Yes the search bar is there and you clicked "Itunes Store" on a Mac OS catalina 10.15.2 but when you search you are searching apple music not apple store. I can't buy a song the old way now with search. I was able to search itunes store a few days ago on ipad but I think apple turrned that off too. Boy apple is really pushing people to an Apple Music subscription. Kind of a rotten way to do it.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 9:53 AM in response to Frenchman47210

Frenchman, Yes the search bar is there and you clicked "Itunes Store" on a Mac OS catalina 10.15.2 but when you search you are searching apple music not apple store. I can't buy a song the old way now with search. I was able to search itunes store a few days ago on ipad but I think apple turrned that off too. Boy apple is really pushing people to an Apple Music subscription. Kind of a rotten way to do it.

Dec 19, 2019 7:58 AM in response to flash7gordon

Recently had to buy new computer.. Set up my music again, but don't see that "Apple Music, your library, apple store" line that you mention is in upper right. That used to appear on my old music set up, but not now. So, am still not able to purchase music from the library, as others have mentioned. How do I get that line to show up again so that I can proceed as you suggest?

Dec 19, 2019 8:49 AM in response to upbeat777

Upbeat.., It's frustrating when people tell you there is some tab or selection and it's not there. That may be because people are using a lot of different versions of mac, iTunes, etc. I am using the latest mac catalina version 10.15.2 . When I click on what used to be itunes it now says Apple Music version 1.0.2.37. Then click on iTunes Store in the upper left hand corner, then CLICK IN THE SEARCH (upper left hand corner) AND ENTER SOMETHING TO SEARCH FOR, THEN you will see the "Apple Music, Your Library, Apple Store" options in the upper right hand corner. Make sure you click Apple Store if it's not the default. Then the old buy for $1.29 options should come up. My wife is deliberately holding her Windows iTunes at an old version and that may be a smart move if you want to buy songs the old way plus she claims apple is starting to fuss with cd loaded songs.

iTunes store search bar is missing on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.