Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popup with yellow triangle keeps coming up on startup but no malware found

Hello, I upgraded to Catalina yesterday on my 2018 MBP - once I did I started getting the below pop up every time my computer starts up. I ran malwarebytes and Norton, both found no malware. I went into preferences to make sure there was nothing in 'login items' which there isn't. When I click 'move to trash' the window goes away but there is nothing in the trash. I've searched my Mac for any file called "update" but can't seem to find it. This is brand new after Catalina. Upgraded an iMac and a 2017 MBP and haven't gotten this pop up. Is anyone else having this issue? Thank you!

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:50 AM

SOLVED - upgraded to 10.15.1 - when I booted up I received the same popup - except this time when I clicked 'moved to trash' a file actually showed up in the trash 'update.exe'. I emptied the trash, restarted - and no more pop up! Hope this works for others having the same issue....

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 30, 2019 7:57 AM in response to Richard Rodts

Greetings all, I had this problem for quite some time but after some research and trial and error I believe I found a solution. The warning we are all getting is due to a malware issue. I downloaded a malware program (Malwarebytes) and ran the free program. If found the file that had been eluding me and destroyed the file. I no longer receive the pop up message anymore. I hope this helps because the issue drove me crazy.

Popup with yellow triangle keeps coming up on startup but no malware found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.