Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Razer Core X & Catalina

Hi all,

I have a Razer Core X with the OSX compatible Vega 64 card connected to a 2018 6 core 15” MBP.

I upgraded to Catalina yesterday and wanted to try out the render/share eGPU option inside of FCPX. Although I can see the eGPU icon in the toolbar and FCPX allows me to select it, when I monitor the usage, the Razer isn’t being used at all.

I’ve also tested the eGPU in Resolve with the same result. It’s as if Catalina isn’t allowing any data to be transferred to the Razer.

When I was running High Sierra, I could see it being used all the time, either in FCPX or Resolve. But now, nothing.

Anyone else have the same experience?

—————————-

2.9Ghz 6 Core i9 15” MBP (2018)

32GB RAM

1TB SSD

560x 4GB GPU

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 3:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2019 3:01 PM in response to Maleenendra

Before upgrading was able to use my eternal GPU for everything I did in final cut and now with the new update, there is no “prefer external GPU” option in the “get info” menu for Final Cut Pro, just a “render/share GPU” option in final cut that when my eternal GPU is selected nothing happens as you can see in my photo below...

PLEASE HELP

Razer Core X & Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.