Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 getting compressed/squashed when added to a project

Since I upgraded to Catalina, when I drag & drop an MP3 file into Garageband (to its own track), it is compressing or squashing the whole region. So the 1 minute song I am trying to add is getting squashed into the space of about 15 seconds so it sounds like it is being played on fast forward. Same deal with another MP3 which is 4 seconds and being squashed into about 2 seconds. The voice tracks I have recorded are fine and play at a normal rate. I tried converting the MP3 to an M4A but it still does the same thing. It also does it on previous projects which I have completed. Prior to Catalina I didn't have this issue.

If anyone is able to provide some advice or assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 1:31 PM

Just an update to this... I have removed GarageBand version 10.1.2 from my MacBook and installed 10.3.3 from the App Store and this seems to have fixed the issue. The MP3 now plays correctly when dropped into GarageBand.

Similar questions

1 reply

MP3 getting compressed/squashed when added to a project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.