Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not visible in iTunes

When I plug my iPhone into my Mac using the USB cable iTunes does not see the iPhone. I therefore cannot synch music or do back-ups. Please can someone advise any suitable solution.

Mac is running High Sierra 10.13.6 (Can't update to newer OS due to age of Mac)

iTunes running on Mac is 12.8.2.3

iPhone is running 13.1.2

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:30 AM

Iin Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 10:30 AM in response to Swift Chris

Iin Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

iPhone not visible in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.