Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13.1.2 does not appear in iTunes when connected to iMac via USB

After I updated my iPhone to 13.1.2 it stopped appearing in iTunes when I connect it to my iMac via USB. My iPad running 12.4.1 still shows up on the iMac using the same USB cable. Any suggestions?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 1:52 PM

For iOS 13 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 1:52 PM in response to gano4841

For iOS 13 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Oct 18, 2019 11:12 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2, anyone else,

I’m having the same problem running iTunes 12.8.2 and Mac OS Sierra. I found Mobiledeviceupdater is that the same thing?

My PrivateFrameworks folder has accessoryupdator.framework

asset.framework

device.framework and

keybag.framework.

My phone updated over cellular unexpectedly and I happened to plug it into desktop before it finished.

If that makes any difference.

Any advice?

Robert

iPhone 13.1.2 does not appear in iTunes when connected to iMac via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.