Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was updated and the Find my Friends app is gone

Hi there, after my iPhone was automatically updated last night the Find my Friends app is gone. When I try to download it, it says that “this app has functions not supported by your device” (my translation of the Norwegian text that reads: “appen krever bestemte funksjoner som ikke støttes på denne enheten “). I have an iPhone 8, at Find my Friends was installed till yesterday. Oddly, further down the same page it says that the app is compatible with my device.... Suggestions, anyone?? Everything else works so this is odd...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 8:42 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2019 8:44 AM in response to tone293

It is all part of one Find My app that should already be installed when you upgraded to iOS13.

Look for it in the Extras, or Utilities folder.

Read this link please:

Apple - Find My iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch - http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

"The new [iOS13] Find My app combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends into a single, easy-to-use app on iOS, iPadOS, and now macOS.* Find My can help you locate your devices and your friends and family. And now it can help you find your devices — even when they’re offline."

My iPhone was updated and the Find my Friends app is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.