Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost the ability to mark an email as read or unread??

On the new ios13.2 I suddenly only have reply or delete as email options, how do I mark a read email as unread now??

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 6:03 PM

Hello T_Bishop,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with marking your emails unread.

1. Using the Apple iOS Mail app on your iPhone, you should be able to swipe and check your options. This article mentions this: Organize email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

2. If this is not functioning as shown in the article, since you just upgraded, it may be beneficial to reinstall iOS using iTunes. Before reinstalling you should make a backup of your data before the next steps. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3. After your data is backed up, you can reinstall iOS using iTunes. The reason we need to use iTunes for this step is to get a new copy of iOS installed to your device. Use this article to reinstall the iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4. Once iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 6:03 PM in response to T_Bishop

Hello T_Bishop,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with marking your emails unread.

1. Using the Apple iOS Mail app on your iPhone, you should be able to swipe and check your options. This article mentions this: Organize email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

2. If this is not functioning as shown in the article, since you just upgraded, it may be beneficial to reinstall iOS using iTunes. Before reinstalling you should make a backup of your data before the next steps. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3. After your data is backed up, you can reinstall iOS using iTunes. The reason we need to use iTunes for this step is to get a new copy of iOS installed to your device. Use this article to reinstall the iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4. Once iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

I have lost the ability to mark an email as read or unread??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.