Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flashlight

There is a flashlight button at the bottom left of my initial screen when the phone is turned on. When I swipe up to use Face ID, I often hit the flashlight button by accident and it gets turned on. If I am in a bright location, it can be several minutes before I realize this and turn it off. This is very annoying.

I removed the flashlight from the quick menu of items pulled down from the top (for airplane mode, etc.). This made the problem worse, because now I have to find access to turn the flashlight off.

How do I adjust what is seen on my opening screen. Currently the flashlight is bottom left and camera is bottom right. I have also turned the camera on a few times by accident as well. I would like to remove both and continue to access these from the top pull down menu (along with all of the icons for airplane mode, wifi, screen lock, etc.)

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:57 AM

You cannot remove those icons from the lock screen. You can offer feedback to Apple.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

1 reply

flashlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.