Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Remove flashlight and camera buttons from lock screen

How can I remove or edit the flashlight and camera from the lock screen on iphone 14? My phone keeps turning on the flashlight and/or camera when i put it in my pocket or hold the phone. It happens a lot and burns up the battery. This is a poor design.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:31 AM

Since you keep your phone in your pocket, it would be advisable to turn off Tap to Wake. Open Settings App. Tap Accessibility. Tap Touch. Turn off Tap to Wake. Once you do this, you'll need to tap the side power button to wake your iPhone screen. But you will no longer accidentally open the camera or flashlight.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 9:31 AM in response to newiphoneman

Since you keep your phone in your pocket, it would be advisable to turn off Tap to Wake. Open Settings App. Tap Accessibility. Tap Touch. Turn off Tap to Wake. Once you do this, you'll need to tap the side power button to wake your iPhone screen. But you will no longer accidentally open the camera or flashlight.

Oct 2, 2023 9:42 AM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 wrote:

Ah, I always forget that one! Thanks.

Oct 2, 2023 9:56 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

You're welcome. For those who keep their phone in their pocket or a purse or really any place that jostles while moving about, the Tap to Wake feature is really the only setting which will stop unwanted taps from doing things like getting people locked out for entering their passcode incorrectly or turning on the flashlight or camera.

Remove flashlight and camera buttons from lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.