Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sidecar unusable

I tried to use sidecar on a MacBookPro with an iPadPro. But there are severe problems with it.

A: the screen on my iPadPro just stays dark after a reconnection to it. It only shows content after a) reboot my Mac or b) set the mode to "synchronize with my internal display" and then back to "as a separate display"

B: after a while the display on my ipad just freezes. I can't scroll or move something using gestures nor can i move my mouse pointer from the Mac to the iPad. The pointer is just not displayed and nothing will happen on mouseclicks.

all of this happens using sidecar on the wifi or on the cable.

For me: just unusable. Can't understand that Apple released something so buggy. I guess my settings are not that unusual. (MBP 15" 2016, iPadPro 12.9" with all the latest OS-versions, enough free diskspace...)

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 10, 2019 10:48 PM in response to stefan8644

Additional requirements

You must be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both devices. And if using Sidecar wirelessly, these additional requirements apply:

More info on using Sidecar

Oct 10, 2019 10:56 PM in response to Vancouver22

all of the requirements are fulfilled. I'm the owner of the MBP and the IPP. I use both under my AppleID

as i wrote all of this happens on the cable or wireless. And to use it wirelessly:

a) if Bluetooth were not enabled: no connection could be established. obviously the connection is ok for the first time

b) range is < 1m

c) IPP does not even have a cellular connection, the mac is not sharing.

Oct 10, 2019 11:15 PM in response to Vancouver22

I rebooted both devices more than once. Nothing helps. Additional info

iPad:

Softwareversion 13.1

model ipadpro 12.9"

modelnummber ML0G2TY/A

free diskspace 12.27 of 32 GB

Mac:

MacBookPro 15", 2016

i use it in the office with my external display LG UltraFine 27". But it does not matter if this display is attached or not and it happens in the office and at home.

What additional Info do you think of?

sidecar unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.